Get certified and earn additional credibility by demonstrating your commitment to your professional development.
To earn the title Certified International Health Coach (CIHC), you must take and pass the IAHC certification exam. This exam is offered in Pearson VUE testing centers in over 5,000 locations worldwide.
A CIHC is:
– Committed to advancing their career as a Health Coach
– An expert in coaching, active listening, and accountability
– An expert in creating lasting change through positive behavior modification
– Proficient in ethical and professional standards
As a CIHC, you will receive:
– A digital badge to embed on to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, email, website, and resume
– Increased credibility as a Health Coach
Benefits of the CIHC badge:
– Expands your reach to potential clients and employers
– Explains how you earned your credential, including education and qualification information
– Allows clients and employers to easily validate your qualifications as a coach
Graduates of the following schools/programs are qualified to take the certification exam:
– Institute for Integrative Nutrition (IIN) Health Coach Training Program
If you graduated from a school/program that is not listed above, then you must demonstrate that you’ve completed 200 hours of learning and 45 hours of client sessions.
To apply for qualification, please fill out this eligibility form. You should expect a response within one week of submission.
The certification exam is a comprehensive test of your knowledge and understanding of critical coaching skills, and ethical and professional coaching standards. Review the following materials before taking the exam:
To schedule your exam, you will need your IAHC Membership ID number. You will use this ID number to create an account with the Pearson VUE testing center.
If you are a graduate of a qualified school, you will receive your IAHC Membership ID number via email approximately 4 weeks from your official graduation date. If you have not received your ID, please email email@example.com and we will re-send your membership information.
If you are not a graduate of a qualified school, you will first need to be approved to sit for the exam (see above). If you have been approved to sit for the exam, you should receive an email from IAHC with your IAHC Membership ID number. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive an email.
Once you have your IAHC Membership ID number, you can schedule your exam through the Pearson VUE website.